The Wiki for Tale 5 is in read-only mode and is available for archival and reference purposes only. Please visit the current Tale 10 Wiki in the meantime.
If you have any issues with this Wiki, please post in #wiki-editing on Discord or contact Brad in-game.
When done mining a public mine, please press "Stop working this mine" so the crystals disappear and won't cause lag.
There is a utility available called Stone Crusher available that can solve all types of mines. Read about it here: User:Docsaintly/StoneCrusher
See the Public Mine Locations page.
General Description of Mining
- Anyone can see what type of Ore Mine it is. These mines do not crumble so there is no repair cost.
- When dowsing with Perception 'Unrecognizable ore' is the required Perception divided by 2 and rounded down. That's the current theory.
- Work the Mine, Normal hotkey [W] to get the first set or new set of ore stones. There should be an option for Color Blind Mode. (There is, but you need to do a GM call to get it set for you permanently)
- Minimum number of Ore Stones in a successful Workload for any ore seems to be a minimum of 3 Ore Stones chosen. (Silver requires 4 stones)
- Gems and coal are produced when one of the Ore Stones crumbles. When a specific Ore Stone has been selected in a correct workload 7 times it crumbles. (In Beta, Lithium stone crumbled after only 3 workloads)
- "All same or all different" means that each type needs to be of the same time or different type. E.g., the crystal color could be all red or 3 different colors.
- "Some same and some different" means that each type must contain a pair and one different from the pair. E.g., the crystal colors could be 2 yellows and 1 red.
Note: On 4:06PM Year 1, Akhet II-14 teppy corrected his bug that topaz gems were not in egypt and announced in System that Alcyone gems changed. He told Sprocket that it was a bug and flipped a coin to decide either Sterope or Alcyone. Alcyone won. "Scientists at the Alcyone University of Harmony note geological changes among mines in the region."
|Ore Type||Number of Ore Stones in a set||Varying Characteristics||Characteristic Rules for a Successful Workload||Tutorial Link for Ore|
|Aluminum||9||4 Stone Colours, 4 Stone Shapes, 4 Base Colours||All Same or All Different|
|Antimony||14||5 Crystal Colours, 5 Crystal Shapes, 2 Base Shapes||All Same or All Different|
|Copper||8||3 Stone Colours, 4 Stone Shapes||All Same or All Different|
|Gold||12||3 Stone Colours, 3 Stone Patterns, 3 Crystal Colours, 3 Crystal Shapes||All Same or All Different|
|Iron||7||3 Stone Colours, 3 Crystal Shapes||All Same or All Different|
|Lead||9||5 Stone Colours, 4 Stone Shapes, 3 Crystal Colours||All Same or All Different|
|Magnesium||9||7 Stone Colours, 3 Stone Shapes, 3 Stone Patterns||All Same or All Different|
|Platinum||12||5 Stone Colours, 5 Stone Patterns, 5 Crystal Colours, 5 Base Shapes||Some Same and Some Different:
If mining 3 orestones, 2 must have same stone color and 3rd be different; 2 must have same base shape and 3rd be different, etc.
Note: if 'A' is the orestone with the different stone color, either 'A', 'B' or 'C' can be the orestone with the different base.
|Sand||7||7 Stone Colors||All Same or All Different|
|Silver||10||5 Stone Colours, 5 Base Shapes, 5 Base Colours||4+ All Same or All Different|
|Tin||9||4 Stone Colours, 4 Stone Pattern||All Same or All Different
Observations: 3-stone pull usually yields 25-75 ore. 4-stone pulls can yield 500-2000 depending on previous pulls. Needs verification. MrStoned 18:40, 8 October 2010 (EST) 2nd 4 stone pull (after several 3 stone pulls) yielded 3200+ for me. Milythael 7 December, 2010 ~7:00 PM CDT
|Titanium||12||5 Stone Colours, 5 Stone Shapes, 5 Base Colours, 5 Base Shapes||Min 3 stones, All Same or All Different|
|Tungsten||12||3 Stone Shapes, 3 Body Patterns, 3 Crystal Shapes, 3 Base Shapes||2 Same and 1 different|
|Zinc||10||3 Stone Colours, 3 Base Shapes, 3 Crystal Colours||All Same or All Different|
|Lithium||10||7 Stone Patterns, 7 Crystal Shapes||2 Same and 1 Different for each characteristic. Four stone workloads are possible but yield almost no ore. Stones crumble after 3 loads.|
|Strontium||10||7 Stone Colours, 7 Crystal Colours, 7 Base Colours||2 Same and 1 Different in each of three categories|
Tale 5 Mine.................................................................................Tale 5 Ore Stones
Playing the Mining Game
- We will use a Copper Mine in this example. Copper Mines use the Ore Stone characteristics of body colours and body shapes. You will always play the Mining Game with this type of mine with those characteristics. In the chart above, successful workloads will have characteristics that are either all the same or all different for copper.
- Click on the Mine and choose Work this Mine, Normal [W] to bring out a new Ore Stone set.
- Left-click the stones that you think will be either All Same or All Different as in the chart above for this Ore Stone Set and choose Add this to the Workload [A]. In this example I chose All Different for both colour and shape, so all stone shapes must be different and all stone colors must be different (yellow, purple, blue). A blue rotating ring appears around each stone you choose. Two Ore Stones have been chosen and a blue Ore Stone is about to be chosen.
- Left-click the last Ore Stone and choose Add this to the Workload and Finalize [S]. If you chose a correct set of Ore Stones then you will see the flyaway message as below! You win some ore! The ore amount is added into the pot and you can Take.
Check out the Sand Mining Guide for pictures and charts that explain this process. Now in living color!
Sand mines have 7 stones varying only in Body Colour. All 7 colours are possible, but unlikely to come out all at once. Having only one varying property makes sand mines much easier to mine for gems. The aim is to find groups of 3+ with all same or all different colours, and to work as many stones as possible seven times so that they crumble into gems (and coal).
If there are no triples having the same colour, it is possible to collapse all seven stones according to a simple rule: Make a workload of three stones using one from each pair (including other stones if there are fewer than 3 pairs), then make a workload of the four other stones. Repeat this seven times, and all stones will crumble yielding seven gems.
With just a triple (and four singles), you can get 5 gems by making all possible workloads of 3 stones using one from the triple, and then a workload of 5 stones.
You can take out 6 of the ore stones with this combination, Using one of the triple and the 4 singles will give you 6 sets. Do this with a 2nd of the triples, then with the 3rd of the triple you will have 2 sets and take out the 4 single stones then complete with doing the triple and that will take out two of the triple leaving you with just the one stone left. (Fez)
With a triple and a pair, you can get 3 gems by doing all possible workloads using stones from each of the triple and the pair (there are 12 of these), then a 4-workload.