The Wiki for Tale 5 is in read-only mode and is available for archival and reference purposes only. Please visit the current Tale 10 Wiki in the meantime.
If you have any issues with this Wiki, please post in #wiki-editing on Discord or contact Brad in-game.
This building becomes available once you have learned the Deep Well Construction tech.
Built in a Medium Construction Site.
- The END represents how long you have to wait before doing it again. Base timer is 180 seconds.
- The STR represents how much Spring Tension is added. This is calculated at (STR + 1)
A Deep Well can be wound providing the spring tension is below 100.
- This is not the maximum - if you have 25 STR, and the Spring Tension is 99, this will give you 125 Spring Tension.
- Attempting to wind the spring when the Spring Tension is 100 or more will generate the message "The well spring is as tight as you can get it".
After winding, each minute (more like 75 seconds) will...
- Increase the Deep Well inventory by 6 Petroleum
- Increase the Water Level by between 4 and 6
- Increase the Depth by 1
- Decrease the Spring Tension by 1.
Once it reaches a Spring Tension of 0, the Deep Well will "break", and needs to be repaired.
By this, the keen observer will notice that just str 2 should be sufficient to keep it going. So even a peasant could drink from a aqua tower, and do all the petroleum they wants. Higher end/str just makes it more pleasant.
See note on discussion page. -Peshet
Public Deep Wells
Because Deep Wells are large community projects, they are often set "public" for anyone to use. Expect the well to need repair when you arrive.
Sinai Projects Public Deep Well @ 2791, 4810
Alcyone Research Guild Public Deep Well @ 1871, 2329