The Wiki for Tale 5 is in read-only mode and is available for archival and reference purposes only. Please visit the current Tale 10 Wiki in the meantime.
If you have any issues with this Wiki, please post in #wiki-editing on Discord or contact Brad in-game.
Test of the Pathmaker
Design a miniature system of aqueduct towers, and challenge other to connect them in a loop. Living mossy towers (green) require the pipe to pass straight through, but turn adjacent. Dead (black) towers require the pipe to turn in place, but extend straight.
The Test and Principles can be started from a University of Thought at level 6.
Principles of the Pathmaker will lead you through making one of each type of item needed to build a Pathmaker. Of course, you may trade for the materials, bypassing all of those steps.
- Dig a Cuttable Stone at a Hole
- Cut a Stone on a Rock Saw
- Cut a Hexas Plate Amethyst
- Cut a Looking Glass Jade
- Cut a Symmetry Turquoise
- Cut a Dragyn's Eye Citrine
- Mine a Huge Diamond
- Mine a Medium Topaz
- Mine Silver
- Build a Pathmaker
- Open your design for Judging
- Tear down your Pathmaker, OR do the following:
- Have 7 Judges solve and rate your Pathmaker
- Design rated Good by most judges
- All of the above, OR solve three recent winning Pathmakers
All steps regarding cutting a gem and mining gems do not need to be resolved. Once a Pathmaker has been built and Opened for judging, all Construction related steps are automatically completed if not already!
Demonstrate the Principle
- 2 Hexas Plate cut Amethyst
- 2 Dragyn's Eye cut Citrine
- 2 Huge Diamond
- 10 Medium Topaz
- 100 Silver Wire
Designing a Puzzle
Cost to build
- 300 Cut Stone
- 3 Hexas Plate cut Amethyst
- 3 Looking Glass cut Jade
- 2 Symmetry cut Turquoise
- 1 Dragyn's Eye cut Citrine
- 2 Huge Diamond
- 12 Medium Topaz
- 60 Silver Wire
Built in a Small Construction Site Under Test Menu
Solving a Puzzle
The test description isn't very clear about the rules. Here's some clarification.
A Pathmaker puzzle is played on a two-dimensional grid. Initially, each square either contains a red tower, blue tower, or is empty.
You may place pipe segments on a square, including squares containing a tower, by clicking on the square. Clicking on a square again cycles through the possible pipe options for that square:
- Straight pipe, top-to-bottom.
- Straight pipe, left-to-right.
- Pipe with a 90 degree bend (4 possible orientations).
The object of the puzzle is to join all towers into a single closed loop, while obeying these rules:
- All pipes must connect up correctly to adjacent squares
- You may only have one pipe segment per square, i.e. you cannot have a "cross" pipe.
- Pipes on a square with a blue tower must be straight.
- Pipes on a square with a red tower must be a 90 degree bend.
- One of the pipes connected immediately adjacent to a blue tower must be a 90 degree bend. (Note: the rules only require one of the two to be a bend, but both can be bends if you like).
- The two pipes connected immediately adjacent to a red tower must be straight.
The Pathmaker will not let you place pipes that violate these rules.
- Green for recognized (passed) puzzles (use "Gr" prefix on pin)
- Red for unrecognized (unpassed) puzzles (use "Rd" prefix on pin)
|Region||Coordinates||Designer||Passed||Remarks||RL Date Opened|
|Alcyone||1599, 2285||Asnath||Yes||Oct 5 ,2010|
|Taygete||880, 6100||Krae||Yes||Not Easy||Oct 5 ,2010|
|Sinai||2720, 5010||Solmyr||Yes||Oct 9 ,2010|
|Sinai||2728, 5003||Asheara||Yes||Oct 12 ,2010|
|Alcyone||1601, 2284||Kastou||Yes||Oct 12 ,2010|
|Sterope||1995, -2025||Qwu||Yes||Oct 13 ,2010|
|Sterope||1995, -2023||Lizzi||Yes||Oct 13 ,2010|
|Sterope||1980, -2000||Oni||Yes||Oct 14, 2010|
|Alcyone||1750, 2315||Licinia||Yes||Next to CS||Oct 24, 2010|
|Alcyone||1739, 2273||Numaris||Yes||Oct 24, 2010|
|Alcyone||1684, 2277||Lill||Yes||Near the CS||Nov 02, 2010|
|Alcyone||1686, 2278||Sabuli||Yes||Near the CS||Nov 21, 2010|
|Alcyone||17827, -2300||Robare||No||Not the best, but not the worst!||Dec. 27, 2010|
|Maia||970, -5575||Milythael||Yes||Just north of the CS||Jan 4, 2010|
|Alcyone||1728, 2310||Antilia||No||Near the CS||Jan 4, 2010|
|Alcyone||1774, 2329||Blueshift||Yes||Near the CS||Jan 16, 2010|
|Alcyone||1724, 2293||Jazkar||Yes||Near the CS||Jan 17, 2010|
|Maia||979, -5573||Vishwadakshinah||Yes||North of the CS||Jan 21, 2010|
|Maia||962, -5580||Charlie||Yes||Accross from CS||Feb 26, 2011|
|Taygete||876, 6102||Ketta||Yes||North of CS||Jan 12, 2011|
|Sterope||1999, -1996||JaylenaeYbarre||YES||close to cs||March 29, 2011, Passed 17 april 2011|
|Sterope||2000, -1998||Thunderstorm||YES||close to cs||April 5, 2011, PASSED 17 april 2011|
|Alcyone||1676, 2265||testios||No||road from CS to Nile||April 2011|
|Alcyone||1722, 2289||tuhk||Yes||close to cs||April 20, 2011|
|Alcyone||1724, 2297||akc2||No||close to cs||October 9, 2011|
Only Pathmakers that have actually passed the test can count as "recent winning Pathmakers". See the Passed column above or the Test Pass History. --Numaris
Passes (including "recently passed" puzzles)
See Test Pass History.